Many years back, i used to watch this cooking series by a Perankan lady aired on Ch 5 during lunch time. She made all her cooking looked effortless and delicious that i was tempted to jot down her instructions after each episode; and had kept the little notes till today. Here's one, with fresh Okra from our garden.
1. Soak dried prawns in water to soften. Remove and set aside the water.
2. Pound dried prawns, 1 garlic, 1 red chili, 1 onion/ or shallots.
3. Fry pound in oil, followed by adding in the lady's finger.
4. Sprinkle water to create steam.
5. Add light soya sauce to taste.
Prawns may also be added to enrich this simple dish.