Monday, August 29, 2011

Mentholatum, for Skin Irritations

Mentholatum Ointment, 28g ($3.90)

This Mentholatum Ointment was introduced by Sis to Mom as Mom has sensitive skin which is rather prone to minor skin rashes and irritations.

I had not bother about the ointment as i had my trusty Tiger Balm until that day when i developed a water blister on my wrist. I popped it and it oozes water, the wound reddened and was painful, refusing to heal. I had Tiger Balm it but to no avail; then all it takes was 2 applications from Mentholatum and my scar got cleared up!

We have not tested the ointment for Cold reliefs such as stuffy noses, chest congestion, sinus congestion, and muscular aches that it also promises to ease. But the soft minty cream was helpful when i does a neck-shoulder message on Ric who had a stiffen neck.

Update in Oct 2011: During my Beijing holiday, i developed severe muscular aches. And being ill prepared for the sudden drop in temperature, i was hurting from dry chapped lips and frostbite on both my thighs! I had only this ointment with me and it saves my holiday!

Update in Jan 2013: It was especially comfortable to apply the minty gel just before bed as it helps ease the discomfort of a blocked nose while i try to get into sleep. I greatly prefer the smell of this to that of the Tiger Balm. But be careful not to get the ointment too much into the nostrils (as you shouldn't swallow this stuff).

7 comments:

Albert said...

It all depend on the individual, but it work on me for Cold relief.

Beary said...

Hasn't hear from you for so long, Albert! How r you? Any nice food to recommend ;)

How do you use it? Just rubbing on your nose to clear the block? Thks advance!

Albert said...

I rub on my nose and if it is bad enough, I also rub some over my chest. You can also try Vick ...

Albert said...

Haha, talking about good food ... I am not sure if you miss one of my early post about this Jap restaurant at 20 Lorong Telok, called Dezato Desserts & Dining, reasonable price and good. You must try the Kaiseki ... ask for Checf Derick if you go there and mention my name and your budget per person, what you like and don't like (e.g. Wagyu, Otoro, etc) he should be able to tailor a Kaiseki course to your liking.

Beary said...

Thanks :)
Been trying to make time to go down until i forgot to. Thanks for reminding, i will plan my route to go there. I like most food ;)

Anonymous said...

Stunning story there. What happened after? Thanks!

Also visit my web page; Idro Therapy Review

Beary said...

It remains one of my 'must have' medication on my desk; both in the office and at home.