Monday, June 30, 2008

Meng Kee Satay Bee Hoon

Yawning... my Durian trip yesterday left me all too tired to report for work today; called up for a day leave, zzz... ...

When eye wide opened, we lunched at Kallang for their renowned Prawn Mee before going for my due hair cut. And long wait for Ric to tie up some loose ends at work before he could meet me up for dinner.

Left stranded in the East, we decide to revisit the East Coast Lagoon Food Centre for dinner. It's been more than a year since we last visited here as we always avoided the East Coast dues to its ever growing crowds.

A walk around the food centre brought us to the little queue formed at Meng Kee Satay Bee Hoon, and we immediately jumped onto its band of dinners.



Personally, the ever popular dish of Satay Bee Hoon does not grow on me, it was not even on my list of 'to eat', until today. It's so good, that it warrants the long waiting time Ric had to queue for.

At an unbelievable price of $2, it's a plateful of bee hoon drenched in delicious satay peanut sauce, with full set ingredients of pig's liver, cockles, cuttlefish, pork meat, taupok and kanggong!!



The sauce was immersingly good! Neither overly thick nor runny thin, it's just plain yummy. Just writing and recalling it makes me drools...

This Satay Bee Hoon here is clearly a winner, of all the similar dish that i've came across, none moved me until this one. My new 'must eat'!

No comments: