Saturday, May 31, 2008

National Museum Day

Today's a rainy day as i ran my way into the National Museum of Singapore; admissions are free for all on this National Museum Day and i took the chance for my life's first visit here, at Singapore oldest and largest museum of 119 years old.

There are the 4 Halls of Singapore Living Galleries, each featuring the exhibits of past Fashion, Food, Photography and Film; proudly presents Singapores multi-racial and multi-cultural society. But the one you really shouldn't be missing is the Singapore History Gallery.

I joined the snaking queue for 45mins while being subjected to the strong chilling air-conditioning before gaining my admission into the History Gallery. But it was well worth it; through the use of multimedia, our allocated audio visual piece gave an lively oral history accounts of Singapore early days.

Its detail and emotional narration stirred me, creating a sense of pride for our little island. The multimedia content was greater than what i've learned from pages of my textbooks and History was thus rethink.

But alas, time was up before i could finish the exhibits and we were ushered out the gallery urgently. So much of a History; i shall be back again.

Later, Ric picked me up for the 'Cycology' performance at the Esplanade before we have dinner at Pek Kio food market.

No comments: