Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Lunch Buffet at Cafe Brio's

My last visit here was in Dec last year; also enjoying the 1-for-1 UOB cards dining promotions. Total cost today was at $45.90 for 2.

Ric was suggesting a feast before he leaves for his overseas trip the week after, and so despite the rain, we braved though for our last minute decided foodie indulgence.

Cold dishes and appetizer section had much to offer, ranging from refreshing Seafood Salad, cold cuts of ham and tuna, tossed Green Salad and many fancy seasoned cold dishes and mini pasta set.

I had stick to my usual favourite Japanese fare of Salmon Sashimi and Sushi, saying 'no thanks' to the offered Tuna, Mackerel and Squid Sushi roll assortment.

Underscoring my previous record of 6 oysters and helpings of prawn, this was my only seafood cholesterol plate today.

Food varieties were aplenty with elaborated names; we were spoilt for choice. There were the Asian food section which offers dim sum of mini Char Siew Bao and 'Xiao Long Bao', East meet West cooked dishes of almost everything from the sea and land.

The Wanton Mee noodle that was a constant favourite among diners here was delicious; it was worth putting aside your carbo quota for a bowl of it. I especially love its soup and noodle texture.

For my last plate of main, i had the Milk Rice, Char Siew Roll, Paper-wrapped Chicken, Thai-Styled Braised Pork Leg, Potato with Parmesan Gartin and Braised Duck with Pear.

Memorable items being the crisp and light Char Siew Roll with moist infill, and the aromatic and flavorful Gartin.

Plateful dessert of Agar Agar, Chocolate Mousse, Coffee Cake, Raspberry Cake and Swiss Roll. Sweetest thought was the Coconut Ice-cream scoop that was not in the picture.

With cupful of strong coffee and cut fruits, round up my foodie expedition today.

Being mindful of not to over-eat, i was just comfortable filled as compared to my last buffet here. But Ric was already commenting of my numerous serving platefuls.

I didn't have a lot, have i?

No comments: