Saturday, August 23, 2008

House of Dumplings (IIII)

We need some nice food; yet not deep fried nor greasy as i'm still sickly. And enough of porridge and soup, we called up Du Mama (杜妈妈) for her Zha Jiang Mian (炸酱面).

Zha Jiang Mian, 炸酱面 ($4)

A full, big bowl of handmade noodles topped with sweet minced meat sauce thus satisfied my sickly plain taste buds, yet not overly overwhelming.

Sign... such was the picky appetite of a patient like me. Cough, cough ......

Xiao Long Bao, 小笼包 ($3)

Oh, and the hot soup within that steamed Xiao Long Bao... Ummm...

It was bigger than my spoon size, did she gave me an especially bigger serving today? Thank you so much, i'm so in need of nourishing food to warrior against my flu virus :)

You can never go wrong here with their order of Xiao Long Bao and Pan-fried Gyozas, 锅贴. Pity i couldn't have any pan-fried today. Have had too much heaty food that results in my cough.

Cabbage & Pork Dumpling, 饺子 ($5)

After my meal, I feedback to Du Mama that the local cabbage used in the dumpling tasted somewhat different to what we had in China. She agreed and laments that the local cabbages here lacks that distinct texture and sweetness.

But i assured her that my previous visit of her Chives Dumpling, 韭菜饺 was superb :) I shall always order that one.

No comments: