I don't usually take notice of the many herbal soups or cooling tea, which mum cooked for us. But this time it's different. Because once i gulped a mouthful of it, i felt my entire respiratory system being nourished! I really feel it. So i went back to the kitchen to ask for more to drink, and the recipe for you too.
When i asked for the recipe, mum showed me an old recipe book, dictated in olden Chinese. There's a translation in English. Do email me if you need the copy in Chinese.
The benefits are: Moisten complexion, brain feeding, calming effect for quality sleep, improve memory, tinnitus due to weakening kidney, cold and cough, easing constipation.
A handful of White Fungus, and Dried Longan.
Rock Sugar (optional)
1. Soak the white fungus in water. Wait for it to soften up, as in the above picture.
2. Cook your hard boiled eggs and remove the shells.
3. Add all ingredients, including the dried longan into soup pot and cover with water.
4. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer for 30 mins, or more if you like a syrupy texture. We do. If you have a thermal pot, leave it in for half a day before serving.
5. After removing from heat, add rock sugar to taste.