Such a simple dish; i could easily polish off 2 bowl of rice with a big ladle of it. The flavor of celery here is especially beckoning; it is indispensable! Think i had better keep a copy of this recipe; share it too.
2 boxes Bean curd, cut in cubes
4 pcs Prawns (optional)
3 tbsp Celery, diced
1 tbsp Garlic, chopped
1 tbsp Ginger, chopped
1 cup Water
2 tbsp Spicy Soy bean sauce, 辣豆醬
1.5 tbsp Tomato sauce
0.5 tbsp Sugar
2 tbsp Light soy sauce
dash of Pepper
dash of Sesame oil
1. Heat oil in wok, fry chopped garlic and ginger until fragrant.
2. Add prawns, bean curd, water and all seasonings until well cooked.
3. Broil until the gravy is reduced to your desired amount; the gravy tastes great with rice!
4. Thicken the gravy with tapioca flour and water (optional - we skipped this)
5. Sprinkle with diced celery.