Sunday, March 29, 2009

Chili Harvest

We are having a big harvest of Chillies; but this is after my many efforts of fighting off white flying pests residing underneath its leaves in these wet monsoon months.


The Whiteflies suck on the leaves, drying my plants, almost killing them.

I thus have to resort to using Citrofresh products to fight against them. And it works miracle; not only keeping the White flies abate but also boosts plant growth so much! Sadly, you couldn't get this Plant Synergist in Singapore easily. I got the product only because brother had previously helped in the marketing of it.

As an alternative, i was advised to constantly spray water at the leaves to keep the flies away and to flush away its eggs on the underside of the leaves.

It's a short-term measure but at least, it keeps my plants alive.

No comments: