Courtesy of 医学百科
I was prompted to pen this post after 2 recent ailments, when my knowledge of the 6 healing sounds truly alleviated my pain. I hope this sharing will benefit more people. So what is this 6 healing sounds?
As according to here, "Six Healing Sound Qigong was found circa 250 A.D. during the Chin dynasty in China. The earliest record of the six healing sound qigong was found in the book called "Nourish mind and longevity record" which was written by Tao Hong Jing (581-681), a famous ancient Chinese medicine doctor, thinker."
Now the 6 healing sound qigong has at least 1760 years of history. In 2003, the China Health Qigong Association officially recognised it as a form of health Qigong, and promotes it nationwide. A practice that uses sounds, breath and movements to improve energy (Qi) circulation to each of our respective organs. Each sound is associated with an internal organ system, and an external sense organ.
1. Liver, (eye) - Sound is “Xu” 嘘, pronounced “She eee”.
2. Heart, (tongue) - Sound is “Her” 呵, pronounced “Her rrr”.
3. Spleen, (mouth) - Sound is “Hu” 呼, pronounced “Who ooo”.
4. Lung, (nose) - Sound is “Si” 四, pronounced “Si ssssss”.
5. Kidney, (ear) - Sound is “Chui” 吹, pronounced “Chui aaa”.
6. Triple Burner Meridian - Sound is “Xi” 嘻, pronounced “See eee”.
No doubt, instructions suggest practicing in standing position with designed hands movement (video here) to guarantee efficiency, but i found it effective in all sitting and lying positions. Using the nose for inhaling and exhale through the mouth, uttering the word softly. Without any body movement.
1. Heart Burn - After a heavy dinner, my pain came in the night, in bed. The agonizing pain came in waves and i curled up in pain, struggling to get back to sleep. Without a choice, i start deep breathing with the 'Hu' sound (thinking it's my gastric pain, as this is my first heart burn experience). It didn't work one bit. I'm still in pain. Then i tired the 'Her' sound for the heart, this time it worked! I continued breathing in, out for about 10 mins, and falling back to sleep. Then i was woken by a second wave of acid attack on the heart. Did my breathing again to subside the pain and got back to sleep.
2. Stomach Upset/ Diarrhea - After a day of discomfort and loose stools, my stomach flipped during the night, feeling of trapped gases. Did the 'Hu' sound for the digestive system for 5 mins, pain subsided and i manage to burp the gases out! Got out of bed to the toilet to discharge. Slept in, but was woken by a second waves of pain. Did the 'Hu' again, the pain subsided, and i managed a burp and a fart. Got back to peaceful sleep. Morning came, and i toilet to clear out a large load.
Now if you can't remember all the 6 sounds, just remember those which your body is more susceptible to attack. In my case, i have a weak digestive system, so the 'Hu' and 'Her' are my life savior. If you commonly suffer from sore eye, then consider the 'Xu' sound. Or the practice of the 'Chui' sound to strengthen a weak kidney. 'Her' to soothe a tongue/ mouth blister, 'Si' to relieve flu symptoms. And 'Xi' to improve bowel movements.
Our body. It is this amazing.