Nothing beats mum's simple fried noodles! The final step of the cooking is already looking delicious; i can't wait! But I had to - let the cooked noodles sit for another 5-10 mins in the off-heated wok, and the overall finish will improve tremendously before serving!
Yummy! Am as happy as a lark!
2 tbs Cooking oil
3 cloves Garlic (minced)
0.5kg Yellow noodles
1kg Thick bee hoon (Thick rice vermicelli)
0.5kg Bean sprouts
1 cup Water
4 tbs Dark soy sauce
2 tbs Oyster sauce
4 tbs Sweet flour sauce (Mum insists on the Buddha Brand which is less salty)
Dashes of Pepper
1. Heat up a wok on medium heat with oil. Add in garlic and fry them till slightly browned.
2. Then heap up the wok with bean sprouts, followed by thick bee hoon and yellow noodles.
3. Add Seasonings onto the heap of noodles. Then watered-down everything.
4. Using a pair of long chopsticks, stir, toss and PULL the noodles to combine well. This process will take 10-15 mins; maintain medium heat.
5. Off fire. Rest the noodles for 10 mins before serving!