Tuesday, February 14, 2012

鳳飛飛 - Strong lady with the sweetest voice.

Her demise came as a rude shock via my facebook update last evening.
But i do not think i would cry for any unrelated stranger; was looking out for the night News broadcast.

This morning, in my rare instance, i tuned to all the Chinese FM stations as i yield to hear her voice - a voice who accompanied my tender childhood. I finally caught traces of her "敲敲门"; a cheerful song but i had a rush of sadness.

Lunch time. "今宵多珍重" was playing on my office PC and tears welled up in my eyes.


最認真的藝人,最在乎歌迷的歌手,如彩虹的絢麗,如雲一般地散去。再會,親愛的鳳姐。
__郭蘅祈(郭子)

A definitely courageous lady who survived her husband and younger brother who both died of cancer in 2009 and 2006 respectively. She had supported them both and held herself till 3 Jan this year; all the while humble and low-key, not emphasizing to the public of her illness - lung cancer.

Somehow, Whitney Houston's passing on after years of drug and alcohol abuses doesn't seem so deserving of our empathy and grief now..

Veteran Taiwanese singer, Fong Fei Fei,
My applause has always been for you.
And you know our love is always with you - on our saddest Valentine's day.

No comments: