Saturday, March 1, 2008

P&P Thai Food

A restaurant which boost of providing authentic Thai food had much to offer. Its simple name of P&P and queue of dinners kept me in suspense of its magnetism.

No service charges, reasonably priced delectable food and no-fuss comfortable dining atmosphere here is a big draw for me.

For a 3 person's lunch, we ordered the Belacan Rice (13), Seafood Tom Yum Soup (10), Mango Salad (6), Stuffed Chicken Wing (8), Stir Fried Pork with Basil (10) and Stir Fried Kanggong with Chili (6).

Dessert of Steamed Tapioca (2.5) and Mango with Glutinous Rice (8). Recommended drinks of Lemon Glass Tea (1.5).





Throughly enjoyed their really awesome Belacan Rice, the zesty Tom Yum Soup and the tender Basil Pork.






We packed also the desserts for my grandparents who had all praises for them, especially the Steamed Tapioca.
My mom who had a deep impression of the glutinous rice tasted in Thailand, feels it would be tastier if it was steamed for a longer time.

P&P seems to employ old ladies around the estates to help in preparation of the vegetables, simple things like removing of the roots and stems. This employment is both beneficial to P&P and the old ladies. P&P benefited from the cheap labour available while the ladies gets to earn their keeps.

I misses Thailand, it's been near 10 years since my last visit to Thailand. It used to be my most visited country besides Malaysia, Johor. But the recent years of budget flying had created swarms of Singapore travellers to Thailand and together with its high airport taxes; greatly discourages me of making it my holiday destination.

But my love for the flavourful Thai food was something that will remains in me, for a long long time...

No comments: