Friday, November 5, 2010

Homecoming Plants

As my office plants grow big, i was constantly worried on how i was going to get them all home? Afraid even to re-pot them for fear of transport difficulties.

Today, they were all home. And immediately, i put them into spacious roomy pots that would hopefully promotes healthy growth... i think they should be feeling comfortable and happy now :)

Japanese Bamboo, or Dracaena

This visually thin bamboo plant, commonly known as Japanese Bamboo in our Singapore community was scientifically named the Dracaena Surculosa, gold dust Dracaena or spotted Dracaena.

It was withering when i first caught sight of it... some 5 years ago? Lacking in proper watering, extreme sun condition and a small pot, the plant was suffering and ugly.

I asked to be given the plant, nursed it back to health by patiently feeding it with water till it began repaying me with new leaves buds! It was then, i decided, "You are coming home with me."

African Milk Bush, or Euphorbia tirucalli

Ric gave me this red-leaved African Cactus, the Euphorbia tirucalli from the family of Euphorbiaceae in Oct 2007, a whole 3 years ago! It's been experiencing a sudden spur these months; shooting high to reach a height of over 2 metres!

The growth was amazingly as i measured myself against the plant often. I was worried about the problem of transporting this thorny fellow home. But we made it; it now stands guard outside my bedroom's wall, and may it reach my window pane soon :)


*****

Surveying the homecoming plants in my restful garden before i turned in for the night, i marvelled the thought of God putting Adam & Eve to live in the Garden of Eden - It was a garden that God planned for man..

No comments: