Thursday, February 7, 2008

Lunar New Year, 新年快乐!

Our usual practice of visiting my grandmom's place at Depot Rd on the New year day where my uncles and aunties gather to exchange New Year Greetings and best wishes to one another.

Greenery great views from my grandmom's place can be enjoyed since my childhood times.

Yummy and traditional Hokkien dishes served by my mum, uncle and auntie. My grandmom being the chief-commander-cook. My fave favourite would be the Hokkien noodles!!! Eating my day away...y...y

Eating and giving compliments were the easiest part. The greatest would be the labours of love put into the food preparations, even days before our day visit to grandmom's.

I wish my Grandmom best of health, that she will always be there for us, pampering us with food...

New year days would be quite different or meaningless without our elders and older folks around, they are the binding force in the big family.

No comments: