Saturday, October 9, 2010

Exxonmobil Blood Donation Drive 2010

As an effort to actively participate in local community, Exxon Mobil Corporation contributed to Singapore's society by organizing their annual blood donation drive with the Singapore Red Cross Society since 2003.

With Singapore needing around 350 bags of blood each day, i feel we could do our part. And trust me; it's a complete 'feel good' experience in being able to do good for the society ;)

Complimentary light snacks and drinks to replenish donors' liquid and sugar lost.

Having failed my blood test for Hemoglobin level on my previous attempt, i was well prepared with a rich meat diet and Iron tablets intake this time round! My reading reads 13.8, well above the passing level of 12.5!

Proceed to the blood donation section!

Pretty bandaged arms to aid healing of needle point.

With all gentle and super friendly nurses and doctors, i was feeling very guilty for wasting everybody time and effort when i crumbed to a light fainting spell during the blood extraction; my half bag of drawn blood could also not be used at all! The operation was halted.

"i shouldn't have admitted to feeling faint, it was light! The nurse commented my blood flow was fast; i should have just stop the hand pumping?" i thought to myself. i was disappointed.

"You are looking pale, that's why we kept observing you and asking if you are feeling ok. The most important is yourself." The nurse comforted.

I was made to lay down to rest with both legs lifted at 45 degrees. Doctor came to take my blood pressure that reads 92/70; it was not looking well from my 128/92 reading before the exercise. I was made to rest 10-20 minutes before allowed to leave...

Goodie bag from ExxonMobil.

During my recuperating period, i realized i had indeed been weak but lack self awareness. It was a good thing i admit to my wooziness before really passing out!

Oh, and how i envied the stoutly blood donors who fulfilled their blood donation exercise... Next time! I come again! Haha! Yes! I don't believe i can't do it! And i do realized blood donating operation shouldn't be taken lightly at all...

No comments: