Wednesday, October 12, 2011

协胜隆, Heap Seng Leong


I like Heap Seng Leong at 10 North Bridge Rd.

I like the oldness of the place and the weak music that was playing from a mono mode radio. As we dine, it plays "Wonderful Tonight" by Eric Clapton.

Kopi ($0.70), Kopi-O ($0.60)

I like his coffee that is sweet and thicken, just like how great-grandmother always made for me, with rich condensed milk. 

1 Slice of Toast ($1)

I like the rich chilled butter, sandwiched between warm toasted bread that's just been scraped of its charred marks with a metal plate from the emptied condensed milk tin.

Half-boiled Eggs ($0.80)

I missed him.

So we came back 2 days later for a repeat, and for what we forgot on the first visit - the half-boiled eggs! You like this, don't you? We love it all...!

4 comments:

Albert said...

Thank you for recommending Heap Seng Leong Coffee Shop.

We went to North Bridge Road Hawker Center to have Lor Mee and walked over to the coffee shop to have coffee and kaya/butter toast. It's cheap and good. The coffee taste like the old 70s coffee that I remembered drinking as a kid.

Remember the Guo Tie stall I mentioned before your BeiJing trip near by at Blk 466 Crawford Lane? Do try out before it's get crowded. Besides the 炸酱面, their 海鲜炒面 is even better.

Beary said...

Cheap & Gd food is really worth our support =)
We were actually there to look for your recommendation of the Guo Tie stall but was told that it had closed? Can double confirm ;)

Albert said...

I am so sorry, may be my instruction about the Guo Tie stall was not clear enough.

Do you have any idea about the famous Tai Hwa Bak Chor Mee, or Happy Chef Western Food is? It is in Blk 466 Crawford Lane coffee shop. The name of the coffe shop is called Tai Hwa Eating House. If you have problem locating, call 高先生 - the owner of the stall at 9825-7208.

Beary said...

That's alright, i'll make a trip down again :) Any good stall is worth an extra trip!