Tuesday, February 5, 2008

归心似箭

This Chinese idioms, or set phrase truly illustrates the strong emotions of one's heart longing to return to a place (mostly to the side of your loved ones).

Skipped lunch at office today to reach home earlier; and chooses to take a long walk back from the MRT, keeping in mind the many rich food i'm going to load myself with this new year holiday.

As i was walking, i couldn't help quickening my steps, anxious to get home where my mum and sister would be busy with the New Year food preparations and decorations.

I longed to get into the mood fast, the mood of the Chinese Lunar New Year - REUNION!!

This was when this Chinese idiom struck me; clearly how i felt.
It also reminded me of the millions of China people stranded at airports, railway stations and bus depots in their worst winter weather in 100 years.

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/afp/20080204/tts-china-weather-transport-a73cdd6.html

No comments: